- Kids & Teens
Community Police Commission
Community Police Commission Panel Appointments Announced
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
On Tuesday, July 7, 2015, Mayor Frank G. Jackson and U.S. Attorney Steven M. Dettlebach announced the appointment of an 11 member selection panel that will have the duty to appoint 10 representatives to the future City of Cleveland Community Police Commission, as detailed in the agreement between the City of Cleveland and the U.S. Department of Justice.
“I have confidence in this panel to accomplish their goal of selecting qualified members for the Community Police Commission and to keep the city on track as we continue down the Road to Reform,” said Mayor Jackson.
“It is now time for this impressive panel to independently select 10 members of Cleveland's first-ever Community Police Commission, said U.S. Attorney Steven Dettlebach. “Looking at the commitment, diversity and accomplishments of this group, I have every confidence that they will pick a panel that will serve the people well. I hope Cleveland's best and brightest will follow this group's lead and apply to serve.”
The members of the selection panel are:
- Dr. Alex Johnson, President, Cuyahoga Community College
- Ronn Richard, President/CEO, The Cleveland Foundation
- Rev. Dr. Jawanzaa Colvin, Pastor, Olivet Institutional Baptist Church
- Anita Gray, President/CEO, Anti-Defamation League
- Victor Ruiz, Executive Director, Ezperanza Inc.
- Phyllis Harris, Executive Director, LGBT Center of Greater Cleveland
- Eugenia Cash, LSW, MSSA, CDCA, Chair, Alcohol Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services (A.D.A.M.H.S.) Board of Cuyahoga County
- Colleen Cotter, Executive Director, Legal Aid Society
- Jimmy Gates, Pastor, Zion Hill Missionary Baptist
- Tim Tramble, Executive Director, Bell-Burten-Carr Development Corporation
- Gabriella Celeste, Director, Case Western Reserve University Schubert Center for Child Studies
William C. Rieter