- Kids & Teens
Chief of Staff
Executive Assistant, Tarra Seifullah
- Mayor Jackson’s lead advisor
- Handles key administrative matters on the Mayor’s behalf
- Manages Mayor’s Office Staff
- Developed and Implemented the 5 Year Capital Improvement Plan
Chief Operating Officer
Executive Assistant, Loretta Joyce
- Responsible for citywide operations and management of city services and capital projects, including facilities construction and maintenance
- Oversees the Mayor’s Action Center and the following departments: Public Service; Public Utilities; and Parks, Recreation and Properties
Office of Government & International Affairs
Valarie J. McCall, Chief of Government & International Affairs
Executive Assistant, Alexander Lackey
- Serves as the liaison to the local, state and federal officials and agencies through the Office of Government & International Affairs
- Responsible for monitoring the Jackson Administration’s appointments to internal and external boards and commissions
- Manages all of the City of Cleveland’s International Programs, including International Sister City Agreements
Executive Assistant, Margaux Francis
- Responsible for the Mayor’s Regional Platform, and advances the Mayor’s vision of a regional economy.
- Oversees five municipal departments: Economic Development, Community Development, City Planning, Building and Housing, Port Control, and Office of Equal Opportunity.
Dan Williams, Media Relations Director 216.664.2223
- Assistant Media Relations Director, Daniel Ball, 216.664.3691
- Communications Assistant, Nathalie Evans, 216.664.4272
- Special Events Coordinator, Jayah Watters, 216.664.3206
- Special Assistant to the Mayor, Beth Zietlow-DeJesus, 216.664.3999
Although not a complete list, this office is responsible for the following:
- Working with members of the media on behalf of the Jackson Administration, including information and interview requests, proactive media outreach and public records
- Social media planning, content creation and coordination
- Leads the City’s Joint Information Center for crisis communications
- Oversees media relations, public relations, crisis communications, and employee communications for Mayor Jackson's Administration
- Coordinates the Mayor's public appearances and speaking engagements
- Proclamations, Certificates, Letters of Recognition >>
- Event requests for Mayor Frank G. Jackson >>
- Employee communication and document review
- Serves as the liaison between the City of Cleveland and the Cleveland Metropolitan School District.
- Oversees Mayor's Educational Initiatives
- Increase customer service by providing direct access to the Mayor’s office and connecting citizens with City Services.
- Answer, track and process citizen suggestions, questions, concerns and service requests.
- Advisor to Mayor Jackson on issues related to workforce development, community relations and health and human services.
- Oversees municipal departments that provide direct service to city residents and employees: Public Health; Aging; Human Resources; Civil Service Commission; Work Force Development; Community Relations; and The Mayor’s Office of Equal Opportunity
Office of Sustainability
Jenita McGowan, Chief of Sustainability
Executive Assistant, Michelle Harvanek
- Advisor to Mayor Jackson and his Administration on policies and projects related to sustainable practices for energy consumption, green building, reducing fleet emissions, and purchasing of sustainable goods and services
- Oversees the Office of Sustainability which is responsible for saving money and reducing the City’s ecological footprint with new policies in energy, fleet, and facility management.
- Leads the coordination of Sustainable Cleveland 2019, an action plan to develop new strategies and align Cleveland to use sustainability as an innovative engine for economic growth, on behalf of Mayor Jackson.