Please Read Carefully
The City of Cleveland reserves the right to make awards on this bid by items, or to the lowest total bidder or reject any or all bids. Prices will not be accepted on merchandise other than specified unless name of substitute is noted on quotation and samples submitted when requested.
All bids shall be typed or written legibly in ink. Bidders are cautioned to verify their bids before submission. No bid may be changed after it has been deposited with the Commissioner of Purchases and Supplies.
- Extension of Prices
Unit prices must be shown for every item unless otherwise noted. Failure to furnish unit prices may result in rejection of bid. This applies to lot and item awards. In case of error in extension of prices in the bid, the unit price will govern.
- Cash Discount
In determining the lowest bid the City will consider cash discounts quoted by the bidders unless payment is required in less than 30 days.
- Specific Order Required
No delivery shall become due or be accepted unless an order shall first have been issued in writing by the Commissioner of Purchases and Supplies.
No purchase order or the monies due thereunder may be assigned to another without the written consent of the Commissioner of Purchases and Supplies. Assignments without such written consent shall be null and void.
- Delay for Causes Beyond Control
All orders shall be subject to failure or delay caused by strikes, public commotion, Acts of God, or other causes beyond the control of the vendor, including orders, limitations, or restrictions of any governmental agency of the United States having jurisdiction over the subject matter contained in said order.
- Manufacturer's Name
The mention of the name of any manufacturer or trade name is only for the purpose of designating a standard of quality and type and for no other purpose.
Bidders shall be prepared to submit or display samples of the items they propose to furnish immediately upon request of the Commissioner of Purchases and Supplies.
- Sales and Excised Taxes
Unless the quotation indicates otherwise, the City is exempt from the payment of any sales or excised taxes. The price bid, whether a net price or a trade discount from catalog list prices, shall be exclusive of taxes and will be so construed.
- Proposal Form
All bids must be submitted on the forms provided, properly signed in ink in the proper spaces. Bids signed with pencil or typewriter will be rejected. Bids shall be submitted in a sealed envelope filled with bidder's name and address, opening date, requisition number, and the name of the buyer. No responsibility will attach to the Commissioner of Purchases and Supplies or to his representative for the premature opening of a bid not properly marked. Bids shall be filed on or before date and time specified for the receipt of bids. No bids will be received thereafter.
- Qualifications of Bidder
- Failure of a bidder to execute a purchase order awarded to him or to comply with any of the terms and conditions therein may disqualify him from receiving future orders.
- No bid will be accepted from, or order awarded to any person, firm or corporation that is in arrears or is in default to the City of Cleveland upon any debt or contract, or that is a defaulter as surety, or otherwise upon any obligation to said City, or has failed to perform faithfully any previous contract with the City.
The successful bidder shall indemnify and save harmless the City of Cleveland against all claims or suits for royalties, or patents, or other claims involving the manufacture or use of the material to be furnished.
Vendor guarantees that the material, supplies, or equipment furnished under the terms of this proposal are first class as to material and workmanship and suitable for the purpose for which they are purchased.
- No oral statements of any person shall in any manner or degree modify or otherwise affect the terms of these quotations, specifications, contracts, or purchase orders.
- All Bidders who are awarded orders or contracts agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein set forth.
- Have you complied with all the conditions and specifications?
- Have you specified time and terms for delivery and discount for payment of invoices?
- Is the bid sheet properly signed in ink by bidder having authority to sign such papers?
- Do not detach any papers which are made a part of hereof.
- The Commissioner of Purchasing and Supplies reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
- Bidders are required to use the proposal form and envelope furnished by the department when submitting their proposal. Envelopes must be sealed when submitted, with information requested on fare of envelope furnished in detail.