- Kids & Teens
How to Pay!
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Cash (IN PERSON ONLY - CASH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA MAIL)
- Money Order
- Credit Card: Visa, Mastercard or Discover
Checks or money orders can be made payable to the City of Cleveland. The City does not accept starter checks or foreign checks as acceptable forms of payment.
Pay In Person
The Division of Assessments and Licenses is in Cleveland City Hall, 601 Lakeside Avenue, Room 122. Hours of operation are 8:00 am 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
Pay By Mail
Payments can be mailed to:
Division of Assessments & Licenses
601 Lakeside Avenue, Room 122
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
To ensure payment is properly credited, the following must be included:
- Payment remittance portion of an invoice OR
- Completed, signed application with required secondary documentation AND
- Checks or money orders must reference one of the following:
- License Number or Name
- Customer Number
- Invoice Number
- Parcel Number
- Property Address
For the Division of Assessments and Licenses, online payment is only available for EMS invoices at this time. The Division is planning and preparing to have this option available for additional invoices and license fees. EMS invoices can be paid online by electronic check, MasterCard, Visa or Discover. Online payment incurs a convenience fee, and it is one option. Payment may also be made in person or by mail (as described above).
Current rates and fees for online payment are listed below. Total payment includes invoice amount plus convenience fee. The City of Cleveland does not retain any portion of the convenience fee.
- Electronic Check: Flat Rate of $1.95 per payment
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover): Service Fee of 2.45% with $1.95 minimum per payment
Payments are processed by Official Payments Corporation. When paying online, two line items will appear on the credit card or bank statement as OPC*City of Cleveland. The first line item will be the invoice amount and the second line item will be the convenience fee.