- Kids & Teens
216.664.3294 or 216.664.3290 - Weekdays 8 am to 5 pm - 601 Lakeside Ave., Room 11
Courtwatch representatives are the "watchdogs" of the community because they help victims and neighbors monitor court cases while establishing a visible presence during trials. Courtwatch gives Clevelanders the opportunity to learn how the criminal justice system works, who the judges are, and what sentences are imposed.
Courtwatch recruits and trains community volunteers to attend hearings and trials. These volunteers report basic information and give impressions of the performances of judges and prosecutors.
Courtwatchers show victims that they have community support. By making a statement to criminals that crime will not be tolerated they also support police, prosecutors, and judges who apprehend and punish those that harm others.
216.664.2803 - Weekdays 8 am to 5 pm - 601 Lakeside Ave.
For claims which involve vehicles, including damage caused by potholes, claimants are required to submit the following documentation:
- Completed claim form
- Copy of the vehicle title
- Insurance: claimants who have full coverage insurance must provide information about the insurance including a copy of the declaration page, and indicate the deductible amount.
- Two estimates of repair costs or an itemized bill
- If applicable: Police or incident report.
- For claims involving personal injury: copies of medical reports, including doctor and hospital bills and pharmacy receipts
If available, witness statements, photographs of vehicle damages or of what allegedly caused damages
Special Notice Regarding Potholes:The City is not responsible for damages caused by potholes if it did not know about the potholes and have a chance to fix it before the damage occurred.
216.664.2803 (General) or 216.664.2859 (Utility) - Weekdays 8 am to 5 pm - 601 Lakeside Ave., City Hall, Room 106.
For claims concerning property damage other than vehicle damage, claimants must submit:
- Itemized list of property damages with completed claim form
- A description of each item with quantity, brand name, serial number, date of purchase (or age of item) and purchase price
- Bills, receipts, and estimates concerning the described property
- Insurance: claimant must provide information about any applicable insurance, including a copy of the declaration page.
Special Notice Regarding Insurance:If a claimant has insurance that covers a claim, the City is not required to pay any amount covered by insurance, but will reimburse a claimant for the amount of the deductible. If a claimant states that there is no insurance coverage, the City will not process the claim without adequate proof that no insurance policy could possibly pay the claim. Claims should be submitted to the Department of Law, 601 Lakeside Ave. Cleveland, OH 44114